To continue with this content, please log in with your Data Access ID or create a new account.
You may not be authorized to see this content. Please contact Data Access Europe for more information.
You are not authorized to see this content.
DataFlex - Studio Tour
Lesson 5: The Source Editor
- Open the file ‘ZoomBucketItem.wo’ to take a close look at the source editor.
- This is a view within the application. Looking at the source code, you can see that an object is defined called ‘oZoomBucketItem’ view, which is a ‘cWebView’.
- Several properties are set, like the caption to “Bucket Item”.
- Scroll down to see the different data dictionaries being defined and user interface elements.
- These objects are nested into each other and it has a panel with different forms and an edit control.
The different components of the studio all work together.
- Click the code explorer to see the structure of a file you opened.
- Expanding the tree will show the objects that are defined within the source code.
- Double click a object to have the cursor jump to that specific object in the source code.
- The properties panel will also select this object. Changing the property ‘pbReadOnly’ to true will result in an added line to our source code, setting this property to true.
- With code sense Typing ‘setpbReadOnly’ will show a list of the available options to choose from.
- This helps with correctly typing the available names. Open the code sense editor using Ctrl+Space or just by starting to type.