To continue with this content, please log in with your Data Access ID or create a new account.
You may not be authorized to see this content. Please contact Data Access Europe for more information.
You are not authorized to see this content.
DataFlex - Studio Tour
Lesson 7: Compile and run the application
- Now that you have made some changes to the application, the next step is to compile and run it.
- First close the designer and compile the application by pressing the ‘Compile Project’ Button.
- On the output panel you see the progress of the compile and any errors will show here.
- It will first stop the application, then compile it and start it again.
- Test run the application by pressing the ‘Run”button.
- This will open the browser, showing the application.
- Click on one of the items to see the previously made changes in the zoom view.
- Going back into the studio, you will see it changed into debug mode. By default the debug layout looks like this.
- To see how these panels work, put a breakpoint at the save button.
- Now in edit mode make some changes and press the save button.
- For example ‘Call Stack’ shows us where it came from, ‘Locals’ shows us the variables that are defined within the function and ‘Tables’ shows the different tables and current values.
- Stop debugging by pressing Shift +F5.